This ARG Hub has been archived and locked to preserve historical integrity. Go back to the Main Dashboard
From Portal 2 ARG Wiki - Valve ARG Network
| Do not connect to the BBS unless asked to. If you think you can connect, contact LordNed in the IRC.|
Do not try and connect on your own, or try to call it with a normal phone. You will only tie up the line and hamper efforts.
Some of us think that Valve might be reusing the old Portal 1 ARG BBS.
Update The user Truck has connected to the BBS and have found that it has either been shut down or moved to a new number, if a phone number is found later in the arg, it may be the new BBS number.
I just tried connecting to +14258225251 and it timed out. Assuming I don't have the wrong number, if there's something on the other end it isn't picking up. - Netshroud 02:05, 3 April 2011 (CDT)
How to connect
- Connect a low-speed dial-up modem to your computer.
- Connect your cell phone to the modem. Buy dial-up connection access (it can be an internet time card or your ISP's service).
- Setup dial-up internet connection in your computer.
- Launch HyperTerminal (it was placed in Start Menu > Programs > Accessories > Connection in Windows XP). If you're using Windows 7, install Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode and then launch HyperTerminal through Windows XP mode.
- Create new connection. The number is 1 425 8225251.
- Double-click on newly created connection.
Remember that if you will connect to dial-up internet throung ISP you will pay for minutes at BBS (depending on your ISP, except ISPs with free dial-up connection).