This ARG Hub has been archived and locked to preserve historical integrity. Go back to the Main Dashboard
From Portal 2 ARG Wiki - Valve ARG Network
|Stupid Questions and Red Herrings are REQUIRED READING for all IRC participants!|
Please follow these rules so we can keep the chat room a good place to solve this puzzle. If you have a question, please view the current Admins page and PM them on IRC.
- Do what the operators (admins) say.
- Check the Wiki before asking stupid questions.
- Please keep everything appropriate as lots of young kids are listening in on the chat room.
- Check the Wiki before going "OMG I FOUND SOMETHING!!1!11!1!".
- Only post links that are related to the ARG.
- Please stay on topic. #ValveARG3 is the channel for off-topic chat. Irrelevant discussion will lead to kicks and bans.
- At busy times, #ValveARG2 can become very crowded with information and impossible to follow. Therefore, opers will make the channel 'voice by request', meaning you need to PM an OP to request that you are voiced. Use /msg [name] [text] (without brackets) to PM one of the opers for voice.
- Do not PM Konata for voice!
- Voice will be given to anyone who asks beforehand and has a dedicated nick (meaning no "mib_" members should ever be voiced). Break the rules or troll and it'll be removed.
- For a wiki account go to #ValveARG2-WIKI. (Wiki access will be given only to users who have proved that they are here to help, not hinder)
I've found something!
If you have found an interesting development, #ValveARG2 would generally be the most relevant channel to post in. Unless your lead is specific to a certain game, in which case check out the IRC game list.
Always, when posting a clue, use the following layout.
- What you have found
- How you found it
- Where you found it
- Links or images as evidence. WE MUST see evidence if we are to look further into the development.
Irrelevant discussion topics include
Also see: Red Herrings
- Half-Life 2 Episode 3
- Team Fortress 2 glyphs
- VVVVVV (It has no relation to the ARG)
- Rube Tuberson YouTube account (troll)
- Zalgo (It's just a Meme)
- Babel Research (its part of a 2 year old arg)
- Sarah Fincher (part of another ARG altogether)
Filtering Join/Leave Messages
- ChatZilla: Chatzilla automatically enables "Conference Mode" whenever a channel gets above 150 people. You can have it with less if you want by editing the "Conference Mode limit" under the Appearance tab. It can be set for single channels, networks, or globally.
- mIRC: Tools -> Options -> IRC -> Events button -> change joins, parts, quits, and nicks to what you need under "Hide"
- Mibbit:: You need to register an account first. Then goto: Prefs -> Chat data -> What to show -> uncheck Join and parts (don't forget to save)
- Others: Check this list
Voice ban list
This is a list of users who have broken the rules and are not allowed to be given +v (voice).