This ARG Hub has been archived and locked to preserve historical integrity. Go back to the Main Dashboard
From Portal 2 ARG Wiki - Valve ARG Network
This page is for Theories and Clues that are considered confirmed Red Herrings. Theory pages represent the current majority understanding of the group, and may be corrected at a later date.
(DISPUTED) Videos from FlamehausPortal on YouTube
Including ones that are not listed. This user pirated a Portal 2 leak and posted a bunch of clips to try to confuse us and waste our time in the ARG.
Steam User Form User "GhostSignals"
The SPUF forum member who seems to be saying ARG-Related things through this thread is a troll attempting to gamejack. Do not take his messages into account. Most of the ARG is not found on the SPUF at all.
RubeTUberson's YouTube Vidoes
The RubeTUberson account was created late, i.e. on April 5th 2011. Other videos have been gameplay or captured real life footage not still digital images like this one. All accounts confirmed in-game have been created prior to April 1.
Irrelevant / Fake Websites
- (Notes: The real Aperture Science is a .com domain)
- (Notes: Related to another ARG for a book series in 2008. References to Half Life are coincidental)
- (Notes: Was an ARG for the "What's in the Box" fan film. Was also brought up in the Portal 2 ARG of 2010)
This website was intended as a counter-ARG for the developers of Valve's ARG. It is simply users poking a bit of fun at the developers, and the website, QR codes and cryptic messages originating from this address should be immediately disregarded as a clue.
A video of the game's pre-order alpha trailer contains several still frames of famous figures. Mark Twain appears at ~0:33m and Abraham Lincoln appears at ~1:01m in. It is reported that these figures have been in the video since it was uploaded.
At the end of the video the following text appears:
"SECRET CONCEPTS: SENSUAL PONY; SEXY MICE; MOLYBDENUM; SAMUEL CLEMENTS; THAT EPISODE WHERE THE ANDROID AND SECURITY CHIEF MAKE NAUGHTY (YOU KNOW THE ONE I MEAN); THERE ARE MORE SINGLE WOMEN THAN MEN IN MANY MAJOR CITIES, WHICH IS GREAT, SINCE I SPENT MOST OF MY LIFE FEELING LARGELY UNLOVED."
This is the style of humor Dejobaan is known for (for more background, Twain is mentioned at length in Dejobaan's previous game Aaaa...!, it could be that someone at Dejobaan just admires the man).
- "A Ad Elsewhere Toilette Riots Pi Pour: A Bleeder Vote Unholy" (An anagram of "You have been trolled".)
1973 is not relevant to any major point in Portal, it is the year in which Aperture Science stopped manufacturing shower curtains. There also seem to be some references to its internal BBS and GLaDOS, being named as early as then.
Despite the Seattle map letters possibly spelling "Prelude", the fan-made mod "Portal: Prelude" is not associated with the ARG.
That file came with the game before the ARG was instanced, and contains game artwork and other extras.
All Dejobaan Games (1 2 3 KICK IT!, AaAaAA!!! A Reckless Disregard for Gravity, The Wonderful End of the World) show a Lite-C A7 icon for their executables, instead of the actual game icon. Lite-C is the programming language used by Dejobaan Games, and it includes an rendering engine called A7. Thus, this is icon is probably an oversight by the programmers, and not an actual clue.
One of the glyphs has six Vs around it. However, VVVVVV's author himself has denied any involvement with the ARG.
Team Fortress 2
New items added. Unrelated, though slight hint at the involvement of the potatoes in powering GlaDOS up, as the light on the "classified" helmet turns on occasionally.
Comic Part 1
Doug Rattmann's Twitter
@Doug_Rattmann's account is fake and unrelated to the ARG.
- This should be considered opinion, not confirmed. mynameismonkey 08:27, 15 April 2011 (CDT)
- What is the proof of this? There was a tweet of binary yesterday that lead to a hidden message of "Tomorrow", upon which the updates for the Potato Sack happened. Today's tweet was "That message was right...sadly...All the work we've been doing here is finally going underway and I just hope nothing goes wrong..." All of the potato sack updates had Aperture Science related descriptions along with BIT.TRIP.BEAT update that was "Temporary GLaDOS integration activated." This Twitter seems to have impeccable timing when it came to this phase. It was pretty much told to anyone who watched it, which was almost no one due to it being in the Red Herring page. --RegrettableDeed 15:32, 12 April 2011 (CDT)
- There isn't any, it was shrugged off because it wasn't opened early like the others were, aside from the post yesterday, he was watching the IRC, calling everyone "interns" and making nods to current events.
- I'll be watching him just to see if something significant happens with it. --RegrettableDeed 17:29, 12 April 2011 (CDT)
- On April 13th, he wrote "She is preparing a mass file departure, no idea what it is, but it's being loaded. Nothing I can do to help." Then the massive 500mb update for TF2 came out, now he wrote about
GLaDOS and had his account redacted, thoughts?
Hex coding video
Video found on YouTube with what seems to be hex coding (confirmed hex) leading to a Megaupload file is a confirmed troll, the file is apparently an alleged mod for Portal 2.
The locations suggested around Seattle and Boston by the various clues do not hold any secrets, and we have been warned off the "meatspace" trail by Steve the Raccoon.