This ARG Hub has been archived and locked to preserve historical integrity. Go back to the Main Dashboard
From Portal 2 ARG Wiki - Valve ARG Network
January 1st, 2012
- --:--: The news feed has been closed.
December 12th, 2011
December 10th, 2011
- --:--: The Portal 2 PotatoFoolsDay ARG Hub has been archived and locked to preserve historical integrity. Head to the Main Dashboard to find current ARG hunts in progress.
- --:--: Seems like there is a new ARG coming up. No confirmation yet though its interesting (Probably not Half-Life 3 related) Forum Thread
May 25th, 2011
- --:--: From now until June 6th, thinkingwithportals.com is accepting entries for their Summer Mapping Initiative. Test chambers will be judged on their puzzle complexity, visual appeal and tonal fidelity (50s design, contemporary design, etc.), so steeple those scheming-fingers, write some nasty passive-aggressive insults on index cards for easy reference, and show GLaDOS how it's done. Read more Here Edit- The competition is over, and the winner has been chosen- Patent Pending by Ebola.
May 20th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- --:--: Just because an ARG ends does not mean that characters who appeared in that ARG cease to exist. Just a thought for you to ponder.
- --:--: The Pulse Phase/Spine Network ARG is a fan made ARG set in the HL universe. It is not related to the Portal 2 ARG (Which is really 100% over) or this site.
- --:--: Our goal is to keep this site up for as long as the Internet lasts. Maybe longer, if we can help it. - The Management
May 11th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- 17:26: Dejobaan tweeted: "I just got this from Sandy: 'Everything will be fine soon.'" This was 6 days after their last ARG-related tweet on May 5th, 2011.
May 6th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- 9:15: Gamasutra posted a postmortem article about the ARG.
May 5th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- 22:45: Dejobaan has started twittering interesting messages again. Hints towards a continuation/conclusion of the ARG in 5~6 days (nothing confirmed).
April 27th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- --:--: Valve spoils a possible DLC for Portal 2 this summer.
- 12:00: All potatoes have been removed from steam profiles. The Golden Potato next to the name remains and now has hover text saying "Golden Potato"
- --:--: Teotl Studios posts information on their part of the ARG
- --:--: Lazy 8 Studios posts information on their part of the ARG
April 26th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- --:--: Frictional Games posts information on their part of the ARG
- --:--: Tripwire posts information on their part of the ARG
- --:--: Edge Magazine reveals their article on the potato sack
April 24th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- --:--: If you want to play more ARGs & Indie Games... then this page is for you: http://valvearg.com/secretproject
- --:--: Ars Technica posts an article on Dejobaan's involvement with the ARG.
April 23rd, 2011 (all times PDT)
- 2:26: The main IRC channel at #valvearg2 will remain active. Please join and bring Portal 2 discussion and dissection here! If any breakthrough is made, try and post it there.
- --:--: If you haven't already, why not sign the thankyou page? Show your appreciation to the indie devs involved in bringing this together, and Valve who brought us Portal 2!
April 22nd, 2011 (all times PDT)
- 20:11: Late discovery on Hidden Path's posting of info on their participation during the ARG.
- 16:54: Gaijin posted information on their part of the ARG.
- 14:21: Something very fishy is going on in our filesystems, some countdown has appeared.. take a look here
- 12:38: Dejobaan posted download links on twitter to the original songs used in the ARG (SED and Cave Song) Hole in the Ground by Dan Brainerd - Searching Emergence Discovery by Ichiro
- 12:00: TwoTribes posted information on their part of the ARG.
April 20th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- 10:30: Thank Valve and the indie devs for the amazing ARG they did for us! Let's create a big "Thank You" video for them. If you want to appear in this video (which will be on the "Thank You" page we are making) send your video (16:9, 200MB max, 1min max) to <no more email here> and with a little luck you will appear in the final video that Valve and the indie devs will watch. But please: No more ingame videos. It would be nice seeing your face and hear you say "Thank you, Valve!" (you're free to do it in your native language). Don't be shy! Deadline is done
- 10:00: The British computer and video game magazine "Edge" promises a more indepth article covering the creation of the ARG for tomorrow (April 21th). A taste of what's to come can be found in this article. Article arrives 26th April.
April 19th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- 22:08: We're creating a "Thank You" page for Valve and the indie devs. It will have a place that you can share your thanks and sign your name, but we need some help. Contact Leveraged if you are good with graphics, design, photoshop, etc. This page needs to look good. :D And it will be a surprise… (the design will be at least)
- 17:46: (Spoiler warning) The sound heard when completing the "Final Transmission" achievement has been decoded (by Seikas) and shown to produce this image. Unsure if this is the same exact transmission played with listening to this commentary node in Chapter 3, test chamber 17 (above the chamber in one of Rattmann's hidden rooms).
- 17:42: And ongoing! Here you have some videos of the Portal 2 launch event (from MOOMANiBE, one of the players who got invited) and two photos: the cake is no lie | pressing the Portal 2 launch button (both from "TwoTribes")
- 17:21: Yes, guys, it still makes sense to stop by the wiki - here you have the latest news about the ARG from four of the chosen/infected players right out of the IRC: Why there were no (or less) gifts at first for people who pre-ordered Portal 2, if there was a cake at the launch party, all the latest shit about Dougley, if there's a relation to Super 8, Ninjai's car-ride with the face model of Chell and even more (like this comment: "They were still fixing bugs in Portal 2 when I was there").
- 17:14: (Spoiler warning) Near that area there is a comment from Cave where he is talking about a new teleportation experiment (might be related to the Half-Life series) that doesn't work with all skin types.
- 16:22: The number on the GLaDOS@Home-page reflects the number of people playing Portal 2 (~97k at the moment).
- 16:04: (Spoiler warning) There is a certain area in Chapter 6 that relates to the next game in the Half-Life series. Discovering this area also yields an achievement.
- 12:58: The Pneumatic Diversity Vents did not make it into the final game.
- 08:35: Portal 2 includes a sound-file (com-arg.wav) with SSTV images in it. They explain in short the first Portal related ARG.
- 08:00: (Spoiler warning) The connection between Portal 2 and potatoes is more than just similar spelling.
- 05:00: IRC user Ryukaki finds an URL hidden on the back of a boxcar in the Super 8 promo map. It leads to a short video.
- 03:00: The previous found "e1912.bsp"-file turns out to be a short interactive promo "trailer" (a playable map) for the movie Super 8.
April 18th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- 22:00: Notice: Portal 2 starts fullscreen by default, set launch option "-windowed" to prevent that. Other useful launch options are "-width ####" & "-height ####". Launch option "-noborder" will make the window smaller but also makes it more difficult to move around.
- 22:00: Valve has rewarded loyal potato collectors with a copy of the "Valve Complete Pack", including Portal 2.
- 21:39: TwoTribes tweets a QR code, reading: "Congrats Valve with your Portal 2 launch! It's been great to be part of this super awesome ARG. Big thumbs up to all involved, co-developers and participants! Thanks guys! Cheers and off to drink some more champagne!"
- 21:30: The potato count started to change it's behaviour. At the moment it keeps decreasing from ~63,815 to ~61,815 and then jumps back to ~63,815. We should maybe stop getting potatoes for now to see if they will decrease further.
- 21:26: Calculations complete for Amnesia. All the games are finished now. Congratulations everyone!
- 21:25: Calculations complete for Defense Grid.
- 21:18: If you are stuck at 32% decrypting with Portal 2, just wait it out and it will jump to complete after a few minutes.
- 21:08: 1443 Test Subjects and rising.
- 20:52: The number of "Active Test Subjects" keeps on jumping: from 54 to 64 to 56 to 61 to 65 to 82 to 88 to 89 to 92 to 97 to...
- 20:38: Projected launch on the GLaDOS@Home-page in 60 minutes.
- 20:25: Calculations complete for Killing Floor. The projected launch timer only gets reduces by ~5min. Just focus on any of the two remaining games, Amnesia and Defense Grid.
- 20:17: Calculations complete for Super Meat Boy. Focus is still on Amnesia. Killing Floor will finish any minute.
- 20:13: The number of "Active Test Subjects" jumps to 54. Several "Golden Potato" holders report they are not included. IRC user Commandhat reports that his Portal 2 is unlocked.
- 20:00: GLaDOS posts three new startup updates: Preliminary lethality assessment complete | Results inconclusive | Expanding candidate pool
- 18:12: An update for Portal 2 (102MB) was released. According to some IRC users the following has changed: "moddefault.txt", "credits.txt", "portal2.sh", "pak"-files from 01 to 64, new folder containing "items_game.txt", half the total dll-files got updated.
- 15:25: Total computation at the GLaDOS@Home page has reached 90%.
- 15:04: Leveraged asks the Steam Group officer Guniv to put the following message here: "Tell everyone they did a GREAT job, the Valve team is in awe of you all."
- 15:00: Infected players turn up: MOOMANiBE stopped playing Portal 2 for some minutes to answer some of our questions about the ARG. Leveraged tells us (at the #PotatoFoolsDay! Steam group chat) that all the abducted were supposed to disappear within 24 hours completely. He also confirms Dougley was faking it, and asks us to please not pester him.
- 14:26: Eight infected players are playing Portal 2 at the moment (cynic & Leveraged started playing). Who will be the ninth?
- 12:00: The email to Kotaku turns out to be a scam by the band The Good Philosophy to get people to buy their new song. Please stop posting about it.
- 11:15: The graph tracking progress shows a spike in the rate of completion. Obviously data is currently limited, but it looks like the rate has doubled. It now makes sense to focus on harder games, whilst the overclocking period lasts.
- 11:09: A photo of someone playing Portal 2 appears on the official Portal 2 Facebook page. A comment says: "The first of Nine begins play." The following infected players are currently in-game according to their Steam profile page: Jake R, MOOMANiBE, Ariel Faith Plate, Ninjai, Ir1sh, Jetuser aka Everything Is Fine
- 11:00: GLaDOS posts four new startup updates: Reboot safety test protocol initiated... | Relaxation chamber locks released... | Involuntary hazard mitigation associates have assumed testing positions... | Pre-release lethality assessment initiated.... The large "Active Test Subjects" section at the top of the page now says "NINE" instead of "ZERO". This presumably means that nine people now have Portal 2 unlocked. Possibly these are some of the infected users.
- 10:50: GLaDOS engages starch-based power cells. Potatoes are actively overclocking from now on! The number of potatoes is rapidly decreasing at a rate of 1k potatoes / 1min 25sec. At this rate, it will take about 10 hours to empty completely. The countdown timer is also decreasing by an extra 25%.
- 03:30: The PC and Mac editions of Portal 2 contain a certain file (e1912.bsp) which is missing on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions. It might be related to the ARG.
April 17th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- 20:20: Calculations complete for BIT.TRIP BEAT. We have now completed over half of the games and 29 hours remain on the clock. New focus is The Ball.
- 22:15: Total computation at the GLaDOS@Home page has reached 75%.
- 14:51: Jeep Barnett has apparently been taken over by GLaDOS. Maybe we should cautiously disregard Jeep's prior statement that anything other than GLaDOS@HOME is irrelevant to the ARG, or take into account that his GLaDOS-like behavior could be him trolling based on him just saying that GLaDOS@HOME is all that is relevant.
- 14:09: Focus now slowly shifting to BIT.TRIP BEAT.
- 13:55: Valve employee Jeep Barnett has confirmed via email that anything outside of the GLaDOS@HOME page is irrelevant to the current state of the ARG, including claims made by infected users (such as the editing by Dougley and Jetuser).
- 13:28: The phone number previously pasted on the Steam pages for Irish and cynic is the private number of a friend of theirs. He has requested that people please stop calling him, as he is not a clue of any sort.
- 11:38: Infected user Jetuser tweets several cryptic messages, including a riddle and a hidden "HELP ME" message.
- 10:00: Note: Players are still being taken. Irish, Cynic, and most recently jetuser have been taken after this phase of the reboot process began. Report any other Player Changes.
- 08:41: Focus now slowly shifting to Toki Tori, keep at it guys, we're doing great!
- 02:45: Focus changed to Cogs.
- 02:26: Shame on you, potato cheaters! Anyone who has used an external site to easily get potatoes will get them removed tomorrow.. However, they will not be removed from the overall GLaDOS@Home count. Removed potatoes that are re-earned legitimately will not increase the GLaDOS@Home count.
- 02:01: Valve-employee afarnsworth confirms on the Steam Forums that focusing efforts on a game does actually increase the rate the bars fill. He backs up his arguments with a chart.
- 00:26: Some morse code files are discovered on the latest live recording of The Steamcast, all of which spell out "it's not over the others have been compromised". This is interpreted as meaning that the events of the 15th of April (and GLaDOS@Home) are not the end of the ARG. The broadcasters claim to not have heard the morse code during the broadcast.
April 16th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- 20:50: IRC user Hachque has released an application that will automatically cycle your game (close it/open it) and change games over based on the priority list here when it is time to. The source code is available at Google Code. Anyone going to sleep or AFK for a long duration should use this!
- 19:22: AaAaAA!!! A Reckless Disregard for Gravity will finish on its own soon. Now we're moving to RUSH.
- 17:50: It has been revealed by Jeep from Valve that completing easier games first is a good choice. This is our strategy from now on. This is confirmed to be his personal e-mail account.
- 16:27: Users have confirmed that potatoes can not be gathered from demo versions of the games (although you can still get to the potato giving screens).
- 12:20: IRC user Ryukaki gets a reply from Jeep about the potatoes. Seems like they do in fact augment CPU-cycles in some way.
- 11:55: Calculations complete for 1... 2... 3... KICK IT!. Focus is still AaAaAA!!! A Reckless Disregard for Gravity.
- 11:53: Doug gives us this file (password: "hurricane"), which seems to be about the Borealis. When decompressed, it contains a single TXT file.
- 11:15: Focus changed to AaAaAA!!! A Reckless Disregard for Gravity.
- 09:00: IRC User Aubron has a Portal 2 Countdown Enhancer userscript now available for all browsers. (Please add any new countdown aids you find.)
- 06:07: The GLaDOS@Home Enhancer Firefox add-on is now available.
April 15th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- 19:55: Calculations complete for The Wonderful End of the World. Current focus is now 1... 2... 3... KICK IT!
- 17:37: Dougley gives us some useful information on how the progress bars work. Details here.
- 12:30 (?): Ichiro from Dejobaan is fine again.
- 12:00: Members of the Secret Brotherhood just opened the GLaDOS room in KF-Aperture.
- 09:00: The countdown page now redirects to a countdown-page called GLaDOS@Home distributed computational grid status, confirming an early release of Portal 2 provided enough people log in to Potato Sack games. A current estimated completion time can be found with countdown aids from the community.
- 07:30: 1.5 hours remaining on the countdown timer. GET READY!
- 07:10: Doug sent us a message. When decoded it says: "TWO HOURS UNTIL THE HEAT DEATH OF THE UNIVERSE", "TWO HOURS UNTIL SINGULARITY (UNLESS OTHERWISE REDETERMINED)", "TWO HOURS TO NEXT TUESDAY (UNLESS OTHERWISE REDETERMINED)".
- 06:15: Tripwire just posted "Her escape draws near... The central chamber is unlocking.... HELP US!" on their Facebook feed.
- 02:16: Portal 2 is now part of the "Portal 2 + The Potato Sack" Bundle. The exact time it was added is unknown. Both can still be bought separately.
April 14th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- 22:00: Various people claim to have Portal 2 and are posting spoilers, video of the endings, and the like across the web. Some are purely humorous but others have questionable sources. We ask that you do not post any videos purporting to be from Portal 2 on the wiki to avoid spoilers and the like.
- 21:17: Text has appeared below the countdown timer
- 20:04: An update to Portal 2 is made available to accounts that have pre-ordered it.
- 17:33: Anyone with 35 Potatoes now has a Golden Potato by their name. A 36th Potato is a reward for getting other 35 potatoes.
- 17:00: The Audio Clues did lead to a QR code. It leads to an ApertureScience.com URL with a countdown to 4/15 9:00 AM.
- 16:51; The Watcher appears again and tells us more of his wisdom
- 16:40: Dougley joins chat again, actually speaks to us, claiming GLaDOS made them do this. Chatlog here.
- 16:30: Dougley says to user CrazySoap that he is not fake. Image
- 16:23: Joining this Steam group(nelipot) gets you a potato, confirming that the group is related to the ARG. Steam Invites wont give you a Potato, you have to join manually!
- 16:06: The Audio Clues have led us to this Steam group, whose owner is "dinosaur". The screenshots in dinosaur's profile have Portal 1 thumbnails but are actually from Portal 2 co-op. They appear to contain some sort of code on the wall, possibly a datamatrix. Credit to IRC user jetuser for the discovery.
- 15:57: The Watcher is probably Watcher (aka Echo) from Hidden Path and is pointing out that Karniel, console, and sorts are trolls and fakes
- 15:57: Our friend Steve has changed some of his YouTube interests, descriptions, and particularly avatar.
- 15:56: It is now believed that everyone needs to get more potatoes, and fast! Get to work!
- 15:43: A new user on the wiki posted a message about where our investigations should focus.
- 14:00: Facepunch user Zenoxio sends Dougley (Karniel) an e-mail stating "Authorization: Hyperborea". Gets the reply "BEGINNING CONSOLE REBOOT PROCESS", followed by "ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR REBOOT TERMINATED FROM MAIN CHAMBER "DOS"".
- 10:00: The first 8 characters of data packet #2 are 89 79 85, which are decimal for YOU. Neither of the other two data packets have the same structure.
- 09:45: IRC user dj-corny has enhanced the image sent by the hijacked account , it looks like some sort of radio tower with a building in the way. What could this mean?
- 09:06: Boston Indies updated their blog post ""Has Anyone Seen Ichiro?" Check the very bottom. And from that, we got this:
- 08:38: Data Packets 2/3 and 3/3 released! But, wait, there's more...?
April 13th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- 22:44: Multiple IRC users complete an investigation of many of the Seattle locations hinted to in the audio files. However, nothing is found at the locations.
- 21:46: IRC user gotdatwmd has now searched Boston for clues, but despite his late night search, has come up with nothing.
- 20:47: IRC user HatsALEsman posts the correct password for the AAAA login screen derived from this message from Steve. Video proof
- 20:45: Dejobaan tweets, pointing to this mp3, in which someone is making disparaging comments about a raccoon. The ID3 tag is "They think the answer is in meatspace. Typical organic thinking. I'd respect it, if I didn't resent it so much." Implying the answer is not in real life.
- 19:42: IRC User b3rk has received a new message from LLLLongjumper on YouTube also referring to cash machines and some sort of password.
- 19:42: IRC User Hetsu has received a new message from LLLLongjumper on YouTube referring to cash machines, some sort of password and also a response from Dejobaan calling Steve not trustworthy. Mail received in response to this
- 18:56: A note found in Amnesia from "A.S Inc. (Aperture Science)" shows the address "Boston, Massachusetts" which is the address of Dejobaan Games HQ.
- 18:19: IRC User Trickboss is streaming a conversation with "-TestSubject3791-" It appears to be some sort of console, with a selection of commands. During the conversation, Steam servers went offline for about three minutes. The stream is now over, Message log here.
- 17:20: IRC User Dougley posted these messages in the IRC until spread out from a base64 code sent to many users.
- 16:46: IRC User Leveraged posted this code to several senders in a Steam conversation. It is a DEC code that gives a binary code when decoded. The binary gives this link which is broken, a guess at the target URL is here.
- 16:40: IRC User Vathian has shown this code to many senders in a Steam conversation. The message is a set of cryptographic hash digests.
- 16:05: IRC User Vathian posts another conversation with Dr. Jackson. His name also changes to "-name witheld-".
- 16:04: Defense Grid and Amnesia have updated. Defense Grid's patch notes include claims that "Tony has one more trick up his sleeve" and that there are "Three more clues to find".
- 15:50: IRC user b3rk posts an image from a conversation with Dr. Jackson. The message is base64 for "gettothecheese".
- 15:30: IRC user Sawgon posts a picture of a Steam chat with Dr. Jackson Hallick.
- 15:15: LarynxLove has received a reply from LLLLongJumper, AKA Steve, to a message LarynxLove sent. LarynxLove's message was "What's taking over? Everyone is saying you have an idea, that your head is clear. My mind is buzzing, mostly due to the pain (but my Asperger's is also a factor) and everyone I am close to is either gone or turned against me. I mean that in the physical sense; everyone I used to love wants to maim me. I hope it's just maim. There are things inside these people, and I'm just hoping you know something about them...." Here is Steve's response: Media:Steveresponse.png. The Green Line that Steve is referring to is most likely the trolley line in Boston, which has recently suffered from a derailment.
- 14:30: Dejobaan posts a comment on the LLLLongJumper video: "Steve. Why are you so upset? Any human brain could handle this. Steve. Steve. Why are you worried, Steve? Oh, don't let your cute, furry little ears blow off when you think about it too hard. That was good-natured ribbing, Steve. Steve. Good luck, Steve. I am all pushing for you."
- 14:14: LLLLongJumper posts a video. The song in it is the same as in Hubert's trashed office video and The Wonderful End of the World. At the beginning and at the end there are two lines, quoted from Melville and Shakespeare respectively. Their common theme is Twins, pairing or companionship.
- 13:37: endofline.ogg is found to contain a base64 string that is deciphered to make "HELP ME PLEASE HELP ME ITS KILLING ME HELP ME HELP ME". When reversed the sound seems to refer to the former National Anthem of the Tajik SSR.
- 13:33: Dejobaan tweets this audio. A strange, male voice dictating instructions to an unknown user. The voice seems to follow a tune. Also, this text was before the link itself: "DIRECTIVE02UbSon|address=".
- 13:30: Infected user Dougley sent out another email, containing the song endoftheline. Here it is once reversed.
- 13:15: Infected user Dougley sent mail to a few users, containing the song "Asynchronous Emotion Stimulator".
- 13:00: The message from infected user Spitfire's forum post, "sheasaftermeiaminanepisode", is found to refer to his Steamcast, and a new preview of an episode has weird chirps in it. These chirps, when run through a spectrogram, shows "There's a hole in the sky through which I can fly" (picture). The Steamcast website shows a picture on the front page referring to the phrase popping up.
- 12:45: User houn took a stroll to one of the Seattle locations and found a Portal 2 billboard
- 12:21: Infected User "Spitfire" has had one of his posts on the ARG edited.. The code appears to be "sheasaftermeiaminanepisode," possibly referring to Spitfire's Steamcast.
- 12:00: What is more likely, that you are being stalked by a homicidal computer, or that this is all just a paranoid delusion of your unstable minds. I mean really, you're people. And aren't people supposed to be sane?
- 11:35: Various players are having their User page and/or their Steam profiles changed by unknown hands.
- 11:25: Stop worrying about them. They are okay. They are still people. Who are okay. They are busy doing safe things that are supervised by a responsible safety associate. Everything is fine here. was posted in the wiki news feed, this is confirmed part of the arg and is related to the disappearance of a number of arg players.
- 09:45: Tripwire publishes "One of our external testers has sent me a new device (shown). This device is designed to destroy one of our other external testers." Related to the panel used when Valve launched the Orange Box?
- 08:48: Jon Myers @ Boston Indies blogs some odd E-mails from Dejobaan and calls for folks to spot Ichiro using Twitter
- 08:35: IRC user Mordeen gets a message from LLLLongjumper referencing tentacles...
- 07:10: Defense Grid's crossword/anagram is solved by IRC user jesrerr as "Atypical Pathology Centre", which appears in the movie "Kung Fu Hustle", giving the missing unit name as "kungfuhustle" for the Aperture Science login screen. This brings the total number of phase 3 login screens discovered to 18.
April 12th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- 22:45: An audio file for Amnesia located, after completing a 100% run through the new DLC. Points to another location in Seattle, the Ingersoll Rand Co. Credit to PerfectIllusion and MaxZ for first 100% runs.
- 22:40: GameSurge is having server problems that are causing Net-splits. Nothing to worry about and should be fixed soon. Everything is fine.
- 22:40: Audiosurf has several new behaviours, all captured on a LiveStream recording. IRC User Commandhat is waiting(impatiently) for the recording to finish processing.
- 22:20: The clue found by Lord and Lady Scorkpian in Soquel leads to unlocking the Super Meat Boy login page. 
- 21:50: Clue found in real life in Soquel, CA, based on the hidden numbers in Super Meat Boy. Apparently a Cave Johnson poster. Waiting for better pics and details. (Also found was a QR code that turned out to be nothing.) Credit for the find goes to IRC user scorkpian and his longsuffering wife. 
- 20:00: Bloocheese565 received an email back from LLLLongJumper (AKA Steve) on YouTube. Bloo's original message was asking if Sandy was okay and if Steve knew anything. The message can be seen at The line about killing and good advice is a reference to GLaDOS's quote, "Killing you and giving you good advice aren't mutually exclusive; the rocket really is the way to go."
- 18:04: After completing the <TEST> Bonus Level 6 for Toki Tori, GLaDOS can be heard saying "Sugar Sugar is the official song of field #2".
- 17:28: Zip file containing the real <TEST> Bonus level 6 for Toki Tori found by IRC user RAPINTIME. Level solved and gave the link to Aperture Science page.
- 17:04: Latest message received in Toki Tori. History of Today's Toki Tori messages.
- 16:00: All the audio files from the new login screens again refer to specific locations in and around Seattle. Map
- 15:55: Five new levels (17X011 3X100 9X010 5X000 AX111) discovered in Super Meat Boy. There is no end to these levels, but there are hidden blocks revealed when splattered with meat. Possibly could spell or show something. video
- 15:15: BIT.TRIP and Killing Floor are shown to have two audio files to be obtained, but it is yet unconfirmed if any or all other Potato Sack games have these. Links? Audio?
- 14:46: Dejobaan posts a link to this page -- EMERGENCE. Bar codes down side all appear to read the same: "PLEASE HELP US". Page has since been removed and put back up (images cached at Dejobaan Twitter Images#Plea for help). Viewing the page source appears to show a hidden message.
- 13:50: Gaijin post this link on their Twitter alluding to the possibility of early Portal 2 release.
- 13:42: BitTrip Twitter account and the Dejobaan Twitter account update with similar messages, seeming to relate to GLaDOS.
- 13:37: Audio transmission pages found in Killing Floor, BIT.TRIP BEAT, The Wonderful End of the World, and Audiosurf.
- 13:30: #PotatoFoolsDay Twitter account opens. Follow it for up to the minute news about the ARG!
- 13:10: Exclusive Portal 2 Co-op Bot skins for those that purchase the Potato Sack. 
- 13:00: Portal 2 gains an option to pre-load.
- 12:40: Multiple Potato Sack Pack games updated. Check Steam news update for all updated patch notes.
- 12:20: The Official Valve ARG Wiki Android App is released. This is a really cool app... Get updates straight from the Wiki as the ARG unfolds. Keep track all of the known Twitter streams and Sandy's blog right from your phone. Install the Android App now.
- 11:35: Echo, who works for Hidden Path, is found to have 15 potatoes on his Steam Profile. They probably were added manually, since according to his Steam game list, he hasn't even played some of the Potato Sack games, though it is possible that he triggered the 13 potatoes on his account, and then earned two legitimately.
- 09:40: New tweet by Dejobaan Games
- 09:30: Investment Opportunity #4 - Boots is released
- 07:55: Dejobaan Games is apparently under attack. The image at Dejobaan's URL has now changed several times, and collectively they hint at a conflict with another entity.
- 06:30: Two new posts on Sandymayormaynotbefictional. Lowercase letters on the screen give "Or am I really your friend". Investigating...
April 11th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- 23:42: The image at Dejobaan's URL has changed at least twice. Please upload any new images to Dejobaan Twitter Images.
- 23:17: Dejobaan Games made a new tweet including this image, which has changed into a different image from the first one. They tweeted again including this mp3.
- 22:00: Two new achievements are spotted for Defense Grid: Top of the Class and Few and Proud, referencing the DG Recruitment Drive.
- 12:30: The Official Valve ARG Wiki iPhone App is released. This is a really cool app... Get updates straight from the Wiki as the ARG unfolds. Keep track all of the known Twitter streams and Sandy's blog right from your phone. The Android App will be available soon. Install the iPhone App now.
- 12:15: Portal 2: Lab Rat - Part 2 is up on IGN. IRC user Mordeen notices that the phrase "you have earned a rest" from the everythingisfinehere emails also appears in the comic. Also, makes reference to Chell's surname being "[redacted]".
- 11:42: Many users received an email from everythingisfinehere stating that "There will be a test later", and that "You have earned a rest, (...) relax for a few days".
- 07:30: Tentacle beasties sighted in AaAaAA!!. They will probably lead us to the Aperture Science login password of The Ball, 'weighted companion'. Still need to find more of them.
April 10th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- 23:20: The message behind the everythingisfinehere emails to Aaron and Cirtaboy is solved: the repeating sequence forms a bit.ly link to his partial profile picture. The full picture contains clues that lead to TWEOTW's Aperture login page. This was known before the puzzle was solved.
- 20:00: IRC User Masem discovers how to convert the glyphs to 2x2 grids, which, when taking the 16-consonant cyphers, reveal the password for the single file encrypted archive. Echo from Hidden Path confirms. You can try out different 16-consonant phrases with the Glyph Maker tool.
- 16:00: Echo, who works for Hidden Path (developers of Defense Grid) has stated that we should "standby for a day or two" for an update on the DG recruitment drive. It is unclear whether the whole ARG will be on hold as well. The "Echo" encountered on IRC today has been proven to be a fake.
- 12:40: Dejobaan games tweeted two messages ,  that when interpreted print the statement "pleasehxxzzzzelpme". Minutes after: "False alarm. Everything is fine here. Thank you."
- 11:55: Hidden Path points out the IRC user "alinealk". alinealks's idea has led to arranging the Glyphs. New theories have emerged that involve the dice.
- 11:53: It is suspected that the map obtained from the locations of photos hidden in the Aperture Science login archives shows the word PRELUDE if you take the letters formed in numerical order (see Map Locations).
- 11:53: All login pages and passwords have been found. Congratulations to everyone.
- 11:53: The 1 2 3 KICK IT! Aperture Science login page password is found to be "ugly truth", this is printed to the console when the player achieves the potato achievement in KF. The zip file that is found in the DLC is named 'richestper.son'. The zip is opened with the password "sweetie baby".
- 09:04: Hubert tweets. Featuring this picture. The picture contains several notable areas; there is a Killing Floor glyph on the shield, the achievement for completing Kf_manor is also a shield, adding further emphasis on this game kf_manor in relation to the final password. There is also speculation the "manolantern" model could mean manorlantern - although it is a model of someone carved up into a grisly jackolantern. The image also features a 4x4 square made of dice with the numbers 1-16.
- 08:37: Hubert tweets. He mentions being unfamiliar with a human body, describes spying on some youths playing a game through a window. "The game they were playing was a pattern of information, like most activities, but had no electronic components", he speaks of a "fighter, wizard, and two rogues" (Dungeons and dragons, given the latest images containing polyhedral die). He also investigated the "orange food" and "greenish fluids" they were consuming, before going to eat "red meat" and "Martinis".
- 07:52: The Amnesia Aperture Science login page is at last found after creating 'Casbah' (Case Sensitive) as a profile on the main menu. The login page can be accessed while using the password 'troubled memories'. The zip file that is found in the DLC is named 'keypotioningredi.ent'. The zip is opened with the password "damascus rose" (all lower case).
- 07:00: The RUSH Aperture Science login page is found (without hacks). It is accessed by putting tiles down as the image in Amnesia's fourth rar shows, in the level "The Key to Success" (in the Hard category).
- 06:30: The Amnesia 3rd password is found to be "endoftheline"; there is an image in 004.rar that contains what appears to be a RUSH map. Letters on the clue give the question "Airplanes can lift from this, sure!!" (rough translation), a question that has relevance to the phonograph puzzle.
- 02:57: IRC users "DukeBG" and "error1" complied the archives across all the games except the ones not cracked yet (using zero data for missing games) and discover more images with real-world places (both found in Seattle), here and here, as well as more concept art. All the new images are in the "collaboration" images section.
April 9th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- 23:19: Login for The Ball Aperture Science login page is "weighted companion". The DLC file is "herobirthy.ear", and the password was found to be "1909" from this.
- 19:03: The recruitment drive for Defense Grid finally came to an end, after 100 people were recruited. We now have to wait for it to get processed. Hidden in the message is a line once again refrencing glyphs, and a 4 by 4 array of glyphs can be seen, reminding players of the Razer facebook Q&A on "Deadly Lasers", which just happens to be the Defense Grid Aperture Science login page password. Using the password "raspberryshortcake", derived from dadsredeploydinner.txt, the dadsdess.ert file was unlocked.
- 18:30: Login for BIT.TRIP BEAT Aperture Science login page is "chips challenge", derived from the phrase a guy yells after A+ing a level in The Wonderful End of the World
- 18:00: Echoblade on IRC finds the common password on the single letter files as collaboration. Note this does not give all files - likely all the archives have to be merged to get the full contents. Selection of those pictures that are accessible contain alpha channels... a collection of all the files to date courtesy of Owa
- 17:40: Hubert tweets some more. Mentions Sandy's condition. Still sounds suspicious. His turn of phrase "growing attached" and his subsequent elaborating on this being a normal phrase indicate he meant it more literally than he'd hoped - perhaps trying to hide the fact that he is actually a potato, in disguise.
- 17:00: The single letter files inside the archives can be uncorrupted and extracted but passwords are needed. When the single letters are listed out in numerical order, it seems to form the phrase "Connect Da Dots", pointing to the map of locations of the landmarks from the alpha channels. This may result in a map or directions to something larger, which we need to decipher before "Joelpt" and his girlfriend have had enough!
- 16:41: Login for Toki Tori Aperture Science login page is "bird eggs" (which Team Meat has been hinting through their Twitter lately). Archive file "toritokioriginaln.ame" password is "eggbert". Discovered by the IRC user Mork. Images inside include 34.tga, 35.tga, and 36.tga.
- 16:30: HiddenPath hint that the DG Recruitment Drive is coming to an end. Live stream of what is going on in-game is available. If you can help, please do so by getting in IRC and getting involved.
- 16:19: IRC User "Joelpt" (and co.) find the real life location of the door buzzer. The owner knows nothing of Valve or Portal.
- 13:00: IRC User "Joelpt" is making his way to the places in Seattle that were found in the images from several of the archives. Watch him LIVE here, (stream seems fragile though, just wait if offline.). Efforts are also underway to triangulate the places marked on this map (locations in the images).
- 12:40: Various concept art has been discovered within archives included in the DLC given for successfully logging into the Aperture Science login page. Changing the alpha channel on this concept art seems to give cryptic photographs, all taken in and around Seattle. Some more concept art is also posted here: and .
- 12:20: All newly updated games contain archive files with alpha-numerical names. Check IRC and Aperture Science login page for further details as they come in.
- 12:17: Login for Cogs Aperture Science login page is "movable panels", taken from the Toki Tori psuedo-glyph solution. Logging in here grants you a potato and again, an update to the game.
- 12:16: Login for The Wonderful End of the World Aperture Science login page is found to be "every piece". This is from the Cogs glyph puzzle solution. Logging in here grants you another potato and it also updates.
- 12:11: Login for Killing Floor Aperture Science login page is "failed experiments", taken from Audiosurf. Logging in here grants you a potato and again, an update containing more DLC.
- 12:01: Login for Audiosurf Aperture Science login page is "rail rider", taken from the RUSH level code. Logging in here grants you another potato and more DLC.
- 11:54: Login for AaAaAA!!! Aperture Science login page is discovered to be "long fall", taken from a BIT.TRIP.BEAT achievement. Upon entering this successfully, a login screen appears, the game updates with the DLC, and adds a potato icon to the users Steam profile. (Example).
- 10:13: IRC user "Aaron" recieves a new e-mail containing another small image. It shows a two-player game of Carcassonne, using the River 2 extension. "Athenor" also receives an e-mail, as does DireThoughts.
- 10:06: The Bathysphere has been found to have nothing immediately relevant to the ARG in or around it. Focus should probably be re-aimed at other parts of the puzzle, and the new email(s).
- 09:39: IRC user dotreptile's brother visited the Bathysphere location. It was on display outside the shop. Photos here.
- 09:27: The third RAR (003.rar) in Amnesia is unlocked, using the password "Tin Hinan". It contains two files: a drawn image (enhanced image) & a PDF-file which contains some text and this string.
- 09:17: IRC user dotreptile has informed that his brother will visit the Bathysphere location and report any findings.
- 07:41: The login page for RUSH was found but no method was given. It is assumed it was acquired using the game files and not in-game methods. Keep discussion on #ValveARG2-RUSH.
- 07:40: IRC user Flamov finds this real life Bathysphere by searching on Flickr, original source here. It's real-world location has been determined to be here.
- 06:30: The second rar-file (002.rar) in Amnesia is unlocked, using the password "cruel love" (received by decoding the numbers in 001_.jpg). It contains two files: an image of woman, a letter to Madeleine in PDF-format. The italic letters in the PDF-file write the text "FRIENDSLEGEND". These can form "DEFENSE GRID" but that leaves an 'N' and the 'L'. The image-file contains 12 hidden letters which results in "THE FOREIGNER".
- 05:00: The Toki Tori pseudocode puzzle is solved and yields the pattern "MOVABLE PANELS".
- 03:00: The first of four rar-files (001.rar) in Amnesia has been extracted. The password is "TCHUMHULYTSHO". It contains two image files: 001.jpg contains a hidden code of 13 letters, 001_.jpg is an abstract talking about a certain castle Brennenburg in Germany.
- 02:31: Amnesia's CTHULHU MYTHOS and the connection to Harold and the Gods.
- 02:04: Jake receives another mail from the mysterious everythingis finehere. It mentions "matrimonial urges". Most likely this has something to do with the CamelCaseWedding music file he was sent.
- 01:05: Hubert Uberson tweets again. Sandy writes a new blogpost which she deleted again and replaced with another blogpost.
- 00:35: Email recieved from everythingis finehere by NovaSilisko. Refers to 'the pole climber' aka Jake_R, the person who visited Two Tribe's offices, or alternatively the Vimeo account that uploaded the surveillance video of Jake_R. Various other people got a mail as well, now with an image attached. If you get an e-mail, please update that page or ask someone in IRC to do it.
April 8, 2011 (all times PDT)
- 22:30: Killing Floor's Alien 8 hint has been solved, points to 'man-o-lantern' model.
- 22:00: A recruitment drive has been found in Defence Grid. It would appear that players are given a random ID, and need to signup within the console. We need people who meet the current signup requirements to signup and answer the question correctly. Join #ValveARG2-DG if you meet the current requirement. Instructions here (in short: fill out THIS).
- 21:15: Omen is cracked!
- 20:04: Valve updates the Portal 2 steampage with link to the Portal 2 comic on Portal's official website: (the images are now also available without text and bubbles)
- 20:04: Team Meat tweets again referring to potatos: "no one seems to follow the ray of sun to the potato patch..." More information here.
- 19:10: The mosaic/lego puzzle in Defense Grid is finally solved. It spells out the message: NOCAKE This was used in the DG console to unlock a hex dump, leading to a password for jsharman's folder, which held a dot game. When won, this opened the Aperture Science Login Page for Defense Grid.
- 17:42: The decoding of the bathysphere has finished! See Emails from Gabe Newell for the finished translation. It evidently refers to 1... 2... 3... KICK IT!. There are numbers and symbols in between the letters of the translation, that together form "4/19/2011 7AM = 4/15/2011 9AM". This could be the date when Portal 2 is available for "pre-download" on Steam. However, "4/19/2011 7AM" is when Portal 2 unlocks on Steam.
- 17:00: The real last image of the bathysphere puzzle has been found (check this tweet). It was sent to Kotaku but in true fashion they didn't get around to posting it (proof). The old image (on the left here) was a confirmed troll.
- 15:03: Jeff Pobst states on twitter that they're "willing to help out with defense grid", probably referring to the mosaics puzzle. They then link this image and inform people to go to their office in Bellevue, Washington, before 6:00 PM and enter the door shown in the picture to get help with the puzzle. Users sporge  and nexizen  successfully arrive, as reported by followup Twitter messages from Pobst.
- 14:30: @SuperMeatBoy tweeted an image of a dead bird (and shortly after another bird). This has been taken to mean that we should stop looking on Twitter for clues. 20 minutes later they tweeted "these birds aren't red they are yellow".
- 13:00: The secret level in The Wonderful End of the World has been reached! File:Cave.mp3 is playing in the level and appears the same song that is playing in Hubert's video, with lyrics. Please go to #valveargmp3 to help compile the lyrics.
- 12:20: Part 1 of the Portal 2 comic was posted by IGN. Does not appear to have any additional clues to the ARG. (The binary code on one page translates to "The cake is a lie".
- 12:19: An update was applied to Amnesia. Please join #valvearg2-AMNESIA to discuss. And check Frictional's forum; there's a fiction going on that has yet to be explored.
- 11:10: A Google account is discovered. After piecing together the conversation, we find that it leads to the colored version of the secret level on Wonderful End of the World (referred to in the e-mail that was sent to MiKaXuS.) Holding down [U] while starting the Arcadia level gets you into the colored secret level, and scoring an "A+" on the level in timed mode unlocks the Aperture Science login screen.
- 10:40: Defense Grid Flower_Alchemy puzzle is solved by Ninjai. The password to flower_answer.txt is "theyrealldaisiestome". On login screen this leads to the name "jsharman", which points to a TinyURL and the discovery of the final piece of the Bathysphere puzzle.
- 10:30: An email received by chrisrandazzo was given to Aaron on the IRC network containing a series of numbers, each line being a palindrome.
- 10:06: Sandy May Or May Not be Fictional blog has been updated. It reads that she has something in her spam folder, and she talks about the warehouse, like Hubert. (There was a conversation between Hube and Rube last night)
- 09:25: "Comments" in the MP3 file Searching, Emergence, Discovery reads as 123123123123123123123123123123123123123. When played in 1... 2... 3... KICK IT! a percentage is shown at the bottom of the screen. When one obtains 50,000 points or above (and in doing so gets 100%), an Aperture Science login page appears.
- 08:56: Inside the Razer file (SED.zip) an MP3 file is discovered, called Searching, Emergence, Discovery. Also available on Youtube. Efforts are at work to decode the meaning of the song and find out what the information presented there is used for. Please join #valveargmp3 to discuss.
- 08:28: Jake_R receives an OGG audio file from a user named everythingisfinehere (return email: email@example.com). Spectrogram shows "WhyMustThereBeSiblingRivalry" which is the password of Razer's SED.zip.
- 07:11: A Razer link is discovered to a ZIP file with an MP3 inside, reached by decoding the paper flower.
- 07:03: The method to enter the Wonderful End of the World secret level was found: hold [Shift]+[I] while entering Word Forge (including the loading screen).
- 06:23: The paper flower is solved by LazarusGrey.
- 06:00: A secret level was found inside The Wonderful End of the World, but it is unclear exactly how to reach it.
April 7, 2011: (all times PDT)
- 23:17: Images from Toki Tori's zip file have modified thumbnails embedded in the EXIF. These contain pseudocode 1, 2, 3.
- 23:07: New tweets from Rube Uberson  and Hubert Uberson . (Tweets formatted into a conversation for clue searching .)
- 23:03: The patterns from Toki Tori's map were transformed into a QR code and a zip file with 3 images inside.
- 20:29: Attack of the Fanboy report another image titled "sort eco probes". This appears to be the same as the image received by Joystiq.
- 20:29: The Gabe Newell image filenames are all anagrams of "REBOOT PROCESS".
- 20:16: MacRumors reports that they received this image, again similar but different from the previous ones. The image is titled "sorbet coopers.jpg".
- 20:04: Macworld Editing Associate and One FPS blogger David Chartier reported via twitter that he received another image similar, but again different from, the previous two from Joystiq and HecticGlenn. The image is titled "bee torso crops.jpg" according to MacRumors. This image appears to fit together with the image received by Joystiq, suggesting these images are puzzle pieces and the numbers may be another code.
- 19:39: The Audiosurf Aperture Science login page is discovered after beating the song Icy_Murderous_I.mp3 on Ninja Mono, hitting all coloured blocks and no greys.
- 19:35: ARG player and lead editor of halflife2.net, HecticGlenn, receives an email from Gabe Newell containing an image titled "berrets or scoop". The image contains some 20-odd numbers. Joystiq also reports receiving a similar, but different image.
- 18:45: Hubert Uberson tweets more, this time adding two photos 1, 2. One of which shows codes in the shape of a flower, most likely referring to the flower page found in Defense Grid.
- 18:26: It seems the Aperture Science login pages require the user to be logged into their account on steamcommunity.com and checks if they've met the conditions that way too. This means that only the people who gain access to the page can try potential passwords.
- 17:50: A new item is introduced to Team Fortress 2, the Resurrection Associate Pin, and a mysterious Potato badge (POrTAl TwO) appears on the profiles of those that receive it.
- 17:42: Glyphs are found on the side of the truck in the Toki Tori Surveillance video, which when matched with their letters gives "FLIP UNTIL THE DOTS MATCH"
- 17:39: It is found that buying the potato item in Killing Floor shows the Aperture Science login page.
- 17:30: The moment the Wiki goes live, Hubert Uberson tweets once more: "I found the most interesting thing in my Spam folder today."
- 17:21: Dying in Super Meat Boy Level 19 on chapter 4 (Hell) a few times will bring up an Aperture Science login page.
- 14:26: As part of the Defense Grid update, a video is linked to which reveals that Jake_R was filmed from across the street when he discovered the Toki Tori Glyph.
- 14:20: All Potato Sack games received an update, which removes potatos from most of the games. More information on the Valve news pages.
- 14:00: Killing Floor achievement descriptions decoded, revealing 5 glyph/letter combinations and the hint: "sixteen and four is the way"
April 6, 2011: (all times PDT)
- 23:00: The Super Meat Boy tweet the code "7fa6ce99d281". When asked if it has a relation to the ARG, they replied "I'm just glad it got into the right hands".
- 16:00: IGN posts a preview of a new Portal 2 comic. They will post part one of the comic this Friday.
- 10:20: The numbers in the Twitter code translate to "These are just numbers. If you like them so much, why don't you marry them?".
- 09:20: Sandy's Blog disappeared (posts disappeared one-by-one). Posts are archived on the wiki.
- 05:49: New Blog post on SandyMayOrMayNotBeFictional.
April 5, 2011: (all times PDT)
- 23:44: Two other glyphs found, one that looks like an eye from Amnesia and one that is Super Meat Boy's face.
- 23:42: New glyph found, corresponding with V. From Steve's Photobucket account, llllongjumper. New Glyph also looks like Toki Tori.
- 23:33: There are a ton of TinyURLs we should track as well.
- 23:23: We now have some (presumably fictional) people to track.
- 23:17: http://www.tinyurl.com/crimeflyerintimidator leads to Sandy's boss's video of the break-in!
- 23:10: tinyurl.com/stevesaysocelot (and the other SteveSays and ProcyProxy phrases) lead to a YouTube channel closely related to the below blog. A hidden video is of a playthrough of a level of AAAAAAAA!
- 22:30: This blog definitely contains relevant info and was started in March, so likely not fake. Please investigate! Name is from the secret level in 123KI. Torrents of new info are flowing from it.
- 22:05: The "face" in the new turret video appears to belong to Geoff Keighley, the host of GTTV. He will be doing a show on Thursday, April 7 2011 which will feature a Portal 2 trailer and/or footage.
- 17:25: TF2 updated, adding the Potato Hat for people who have bought the pack. More info at Team Fortress 2.
- 10:15: 1 2 3 Kick It! is updating for some people; added new content with AppId='98008'
- 09:30: Toki Tori glyph & text as well as potatoes have been found IN REAL LIFE at the Two Tribes HQ in the Netherlands. HUGE PROPS to JAKE_R for his super sleuthing skillage.
April 4, 2011: (all times PDT)
- The braille coordinates in Toki Tori were found to lead to the headquarters of its developer, Two Tribes B.V.
- The number 16 is appearing quite often. See the anagram puzzles stats, for instance
- A potato has been found in Audiosurf when playing Battle of Little Slugger from the Super Meat Boy soundtrack. It has a glyph on it.
- The chapter "The End" is now playable in Super Meat Boy.
April 3, 2011: (all times PDT)
- An important username/password combo for Defense Grid was cracked by finding a level shaped into a QR code. This code unlocks one of the profiles in the console. (More info on the Defense Grid page)
April 2, 2011: (all times PDT)
- Heiroglyphics found inside Amnesia The Dark Descent were discovered to be ancient egyptian.
- More references to potatoes were found in all of The Potato Sack game, as well as Amnesia The Dark Descent
- The Valve PotatoFoolsDay ARG Wiki was setup by Leveraged & Commandhat. (Thanks, guys!)
April 1, 2011: (all times PDT)
- "The Potato Sack" pack was available for purchase. TF2 hat announced for April 5
- Several forum members at SPUF and FacePunch realized quickly that this was an ARG, possibly for Portal 2. They began to organize the IRC channel and this wiki.