January 1st, 2012
- --:--: The news feed has been closed.
December 12th, 2011
December 10th, 2011
- --:--: The Portal 2 PotatoFoolsDay ARG Hub has been archived and locked to preserve historical integrity. Head to the Main Dashboard to find current ARG hunts in progress.
- --:--: Seems like there is a new ARG coming up. No confirmation yet though its interesting (Probably not Half-Life 3 related) Forum Thread
May 25th, 2011
- --:--: From now until June 6th, thinkingwithportals.com is accepting entries for their Summer Mapping Initiative. Test chambers will be judged on their puzzle complexity, visual appeal and tonal fidelity (50s design, contemporary design, etc.), so steeple those scheming-fingers, write some nasty passive-aggressive insults on index cards for easy reference, and show GLaDOS how it's done. Read more Here Edit- The competition is over, and the winner has been chosen- Patent Pending by Ebola.
May 20th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- --:--: Just because an ARG ends does not mean that characters who appeared in that ARG cease to exist. Just a thought for you to ponder.
- --:--: The Pulse Phase/Spine Network ARG is a fan made ARG set in the HL universe. It is not related to the Portal 2 ARG (Which is really 100% over) or this site.
- --:--: Our goal is to keep this site up for as long as the Internet lasts. Maybe longer, if we can help it. - The Management
May 11th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- 17:26: Dejobaan tweeted: "I just got this from Sandy: 'Everything will be fine soon.'" This was 6 days after their last ARG-related tweet on May 5th, 2011.
May 6th, 2011 (all times PDT)
May 5th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- 22:45: Dejobaan has started twittering interesting messages again. Hints towards a continuation/conclusion of the ARG in 5~6 days (nothing confirmed).
April 27th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- --:--: Valve spoils a possible DLC for Portal 2 this summer.
- 12:00: All potatoes have been removed from steam profiles. The Golden Potato next to the name remains and now has hover text saying "Golden Potato"
- --:--: Teotl Studios posts information on their part of the ARG
- --:--: Lazy 8 Studios posts information on their part of the ARG
April 26th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- --:--: Frictional Games posts information on their part of the ARG
- --:--: Tripwire posts information on their part of the ARG
April 24th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- --:--: Ars Technica posts an article on Dejobaan's involvement with the ARG.
April 23rd, 2011 (all times PDT)
- 2:26: The main IRC channel at #valvearg2 will remain active. Please join and bring Portal 2 discussion and dissection here! If any breakthrough is made, try and post it there.
- --:--: If you haven't already, why not sign the thankyou page? Show your appreciation to the indie devs involved in bringing this together, and Valve who brought us Portal 2!
April 22nd, 2011 (all times PDT)
- 20:11: Late discovery on Hidden Path's posting of info on their participation during the ARG.
- 16:54: Gaijin posted information on their part of the ARG.
- 14:21: Something very fishy is going on in our filesystems, some countdown has appeared.. take a look here
- 12:00: TwoTribes posted information on their part of the ARG.
April 20th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- 10:30: Thank Valve and the indie devs for the amazing ARG they did for us! Let's create a big "Thank You" video for them. If you want to appear in this video (which will be on the "Thank You" page we are making) send your video (16:9, 200MB max, 1min max) to <no more email here> and with a little luck you will appear in the final video that Valve and the indie devs will watch. But please: No more ingame videos. It would be nice seeing your face and hear you say "Thank you, Valve!" (you're free to do it in your native language). Don't be shy! Deadline is done
- 10:00: The British computer and video game magazine "Edge" promises a more indepth article covering the creation of the ARG for tomorrow (April 21th). A taste of what's to come can be found in this article. Article arrives 26th April.
April 19th, 2011 (all times PDT)
- 22:08: We're creating a "Thank You" page for Valve and the indie devs. It will have a place that you can share your thanks and sign your name, but we need some help. Contact Leveraged if you are good with graphics, design, photoshop, etc. This page needs to look good. :D And it will be a surprise… (the design will be at least)
- 17:46: (Spoiler warning) The sound heard when completing the "Final Transmission" achievement has been decoded (by Seikas) and shown to produce this image. Unsure if this is the same exact transmission played with listening to this commentary node in Chapter 3, test chamber 17 (above the chamber in one of Rattmann's hidden rooms).